Saturday, July 08, 2006

Day 2 - Tokyo

Neil took a week off work so we could hang out whilst I was there. Today we headed to Shinjuku for a spot of shopping but first we had to have some food since we didn't even have breakfast. Walking around the maze of shops, we found a restaurant serving Indonesian food. I cant remember why we ate there but I think Neil wanted something non Japanese for a change. Neil had the nasi goreng and I went for the bee hoon goreng. It was alright but I not really satisfying.

We then went to GAP, Uniqlo, Disc Union, the international Design Centre, a quaint little sex shop run by a sweet old lady(we got free mystery gifts...turned out to be pantyhose) and Tokyo Hands(sorry no pix, compact flash card buggered up). After all that heavy duty shopping, I started to get hungry(the bee hoon goreng brunch didn't really fill me up)so we had Japanese curry rice in a little shop in the basement food hall connected to the subway station.

It was not really good as the katsu used was not freshly made. Neil told me that he will take me to Coco Curry which is like a chain of curry rice restaurants with decent curry rice.

Back at Baraki Nakayama, we went to the convenience store for more beer, food and nail polish(Neil's insisted on getting our toenails done)

Bonding over nail lacquer.


Not really my colour.

We wondered earlier why we got the panty hose from the sex shop lady(we were expecting condoms)... were they ment for us to give to our female ladyfriends? But knowing how kinky the natives get, we thought otherwise and put them to use. After putting it over our heads trying to look like moronic bank robbers, Neil decided to take advantage of my drunken state and put them over my legs.

It feels quite nice. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home