Friday, April 15, 2005

Pig Trotter Mee Poh

I almost cried when I was at the foodcourt at Meridian Hotel in Orchard. They had the pig trotter noodles similar to the kind i had in Bangkok! The lady scooped out a fresh leg from the cauldron of soya-sauce and spices, placed it on a chopping board and started choping tender bits of meat to place on the noodles. When i thought she was done chopping, she started cutting off bits of skin off the leg! I politely declined the porcine fat and she topped up my bowl with more meat instead....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The dish was topped with kiam-chai and half a hard boiled egg which added a nice touch to the meal. I must say that this was better than what i had in bkk. The broth was richer, and that alone made quite a big difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home