Sunday, November 20, 2005

Hari Raya Makan@Herda's

Having just been discharged from the hospital, I went home but was not able to get any restful sleep as the aches I had all over was bothering me. By 7pm I was hungry again and don't think I can have porridge for a third meal in a row. So with nothing to eat at home, I head over to Herda's for Hari Raya dinner. Wondering what I will be able to eat as I had trouble swallowing and was told to stay away from spicy food, I just told myself that I would have some of the least spicy dishes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mee siam has been a staple at Herda's during previous Hari Rayas but this year there was nasi minyak, dalcha, ayam masak merak and prawn sambal. Bummer. I got myself some rice and dalcha, but a minute later threw caution to the wind and took a piece of ayam masak merah. Then another. And some prawn sambal. And more rice. Swallowing food this time was not too hard for some reason and was I really chugging it down. Perhaps I was subconsciously making up for the terribly bland food that I had the past 24 hours, though it was more likely to be pure gluttony. The spicy dishes didn't bother me.... not until later of course. Sitting on the sofa after the meal, the pain got so intense that I regretted not bringing my pain-killers with me. Of course I was laughed at while I grimanced in pain. Which made me laugh and laughing hurt like hell. I think I was laughing at Shan who was laughing at me grimace. All I could do was to sip iced water to soothe the pain...and even that hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home