Saturday, November 19, 2005

Hospital Food

I got carted out of the operation theatre at 2.30pm feeling groggy from the anesthesia. I tried to sleep but the nurse kept coming in every hour to take my blood pressure. My throat felt dry and gums sore from what I think were clamps that were used to keep my mouth open during surgery. At 5.30pm I was irritable and very hungry, having not eaten since 10.30pm the night before. Dinner came at about 6.30pm. On the tray that came with the grub was a printed slip of paper that said "therapeutic diet". The nurse did tell me before the operation that eating and drinking is supposed to help my heal faster so you can say that I was undergoing food therapy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the menu was porridge with minced meat, minced vegetable and soup. My throat was pretty sore and felt weird. The meal came with ice cream-2 cups of Magnolia chocolate and vanilla swirl. Its one of the perks of getting your tonsils removed. Woo hoo!

Next morning I had oats. Half a bowl took me an hour and a half to finish. Swallowing was difficult.

Lunch was more somehow easier to eat and didn't take as long to finish. The meal arrived before I was to get discharged. It was porridge with a finely minced vegetable slop, minced meat with tofu and herbal soup.

Open house at Herda's.....It's only a 10min walk away from the hospital but I don't know if I can or should. The ayam masak merah was calling but I was pretty full from lunch and needed to get some decent rest so I just took a cab back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home