Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cheap cheap

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After my yoga lesson today I went to have brunch at one of the hawker centers in Toa Payoh before heading into the office. I bought a $1.50 pack of chicken rice(save myself the trouble of getting dinner later on -I don't want to eat at the cockroach noodles shop next to my office either!)and ordered a bowl of lor mee to have there. It was pretty average tasting but the portions and topping were generous, only $2... though I think the auntie forgot to add vinegar. Sitting at the same table as me was a 50 something year old Chinese man who had a big bottle of carlsberg and another of guiness, eating a plate of nasi lemak. He started talking to me in what could be Malay but I couldn't really make out what he was saying... its been a while since I had a crazy person talk to me(he seemed mildly deranged). I can't say that I miss it but it can be somtimes entertaining-they tell the most amazing stories..... I ta-powed some you char kwey and otah-otah and made them into these heaty little sandwiches when i got back to the office...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 09, 2005 1:56 AM  
Blogger Gutch said...

So when do we see the healthy, low fat, low carbo, hi protein, hi fiber, hi vitamin n mineral low oil, low chilli, low salt, less msg.... and low taste portion of your blog? :)

October 09, 2005 3:48 AM  
Blogger Rajipoo said...

hahaha, whats the fun in that? i do eat healty food too but i don't bother blogging about that... unless i can do magic and make it look appetizing. will let you know when i decide to go on a diet...

October 09, 2005 4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home