Sunday, October 09, 2005

Buka puasa vol. 1

I have decided a few days earlier to join my Muslim friends while they break their fast so as to see what culinary delights they consume when they break their fast. I did get a surpise call this morning from catfucker to go to her place to join in the buka puasa at her home. Not that I was fasting or anything but she invited me over cos her mother made mee bandung. I may have tried it once or twice in my life but all I recall is that its yellow noodles that comes with a bright red gravy.

But anyway she did come by my place to pick me up and we went shopping for more food... Ina tipped me off about a place in Tampines(block 940) that sells buka puasa fare from the late afternoon that had quite a variety. As we got out of the car, the wafting aroma from the stalls stirred my innermost animalistic emotion... the kind that would make me want to pounce on sardine epok-epok. Catfucker couldn't contain herself either. She was hopping all over the place. I wonder how it would feel if to be fasting and had to endure the smells coming from all that food...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ramlee burger!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the nasi briyani smelled divine
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and had my first taste of air Katira

We got all we needed and rushed back to her flat to blanch the noodles and vegetables for the mee bandung and prepare the rest of the food and drink before iftar. This was to be my first buka puasa - after 4 hours of not eating. As we sat ourselves down at the table with all the food laid out, I realized that I wasn't particularly hungry. But I soldiered on and slowly enjoyed the mee bandung.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and home made otah...

and later came across a fire breathing cat
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Gutch said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 09, 2005 3:43 AM  
Blogger Gutch said...

......and eyes that light up in the dark? Meow!

October 09, 2005 3:43 AM  
Blogger Rajipoo said...

yes its pure evil

October 09, 2005 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home