Saturday, December 31, 2005

Last meal of the year

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I didn't want to get drunk in a crowded place anywhere in town where u might end up kissing and hugging complete strangers after the countdown....then fight for a cab with the same morons that you earlier had just wished good tidings to. I settled on staying home to cook myself dinner and enjoy a bottle of wine. But Arthur called and suggested going over to his place instead and decided to go after giving it some thought.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Upon arrival I could hear 70's disco blasting from inside the house. And the disco ball was out. I was in for a long night....but at least it wasn't karaoke....We had bubbly and cashew nuts with Chaka Khan, Donnie and Marie, Gloria Gaynor, Karen Young, Andy Gibb, Nicolette Larson and many other obscure, bell-bottomed and big haired individuals.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Even the dogs stick their tongues out at the general distaste of the music.

We went for dinner at the nearby restaurant which serves very decent Cantonese zhe char. We had long beans with miced meat, beansprouts with salted fish, sweet and sour pork, deep fried groupa with a soya sauce gravy and roasted chicken.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Picked beansprouts-what a waste of time and flavour

After dinner we hobbled our bloated selves back to the apartment and drank more champagne. Arthur got back to mixing his disco records. William laid back on the chaise and I lounged on the sofa fending off sleep by playing with the dogs.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Close to midnight, William was fast asleep while Arthur was DJ-ing with great fervor. I poured myself another glass of bubbly. It was a nice, low-key way to welcome the New Year, though I wasn't drunk. Arthur seemed sleepy so I called for a cab before it was too late to get one(I had an early day the next day anyway). I went home and tried to get all that disco music out of my head by blasting my favorite Pizzicato Five album and finishing half a bottle of wine at the same time before dozing off on the ottoman to loony Japanese tunes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home