Saturday, December 17, 2005

Funeral Food

Shan's grandma passed away yesterday. I wanted to go yesterday but was advised by Shan to come today instead as the food would be better. I am not big on eating at wakes or funerals but I thought for the sake of this blog it would be interesting. It was almost 11.30pm when I arrived and it was pretty quiet. Found Shan manning the donation register book though I was expecting to see her manning the mahjong table instead.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The food was buffet style: psuedo pineapple rice, coconutty chicken curry that i dare not try, stir fried mixed veg, sweet and sour pork chops and greasy nor hiang. I was still fairly full from a late dinner in the office but gave the food a go. The pineapple rice was cold and had gone a bit hard from being under the burners too long and the rest of the dishes were ok but cold... We did stuff our face with kuachi and peanuts which i washed down with grass power, a wheat grass drink.

Before we left Shan showed us the paper effigies that were to be burnt and it was pretty intricate. Shown in the picture is the opening to the paper house complete with table, chairs and painting.(i found out later that it was damaged when the wind blew some flying chairs onto it)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Gutch said...

LIke who's the twart who posted the comment before me here? :)

Anyway did they burn credit card effigies? I've seen that before and Merz as well. Interesting!

December 24, 2005 2:22 AM  
Blogger Rajipoo said...

Yes that twat should be impaled for posting gibberish. I dunno what he or she might be selling but it dosen't tickle my fancy.

Didn't see any credit cards, perhaps credit card debt is high in hell. But I did see a small Mercedes effigie that came with the house. Think it was an C-Class.

December 24, 2005 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home