Friday, July 14, 2006

Day 8 - Kyoto

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ok, another day of proper sightseeing. Off to Kyoto on a 15 minute Shinkansen ride-not enought time for a bento lunch on board, but had excellent food at a restaurant at the station.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As usual Neil had the Katsudon
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
while I had what i had been craving for a long time... Tensoba!

We made our way to one of the many temples in Kyoto. Just wallking up the hill to the main entrance makes you sweat like a pig(its really humid there). Good thing we had our towels which we used in numerous creative ways...


Need a green tea ice-cream bun to cool me down...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sugoi!

The main drag in Kyoto held a street festival which had huge carts carrying musicians and while the connecting smaller roads had a lot of food stalls crammed onto them.




On the way back to Osaka we shared the carrige with chain-smoking salarymen when we seated ourselves in the smoking carrige of the Shinkansen.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Osaka Metro even have women only carriges for ladies since groping on crowded trains has become a problem.
Neil and I recoiled in absolute horror
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
when we saw this...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
but just when you think that individuality is unheard of here, I think it is accepted in small doses...

This would be our last night in Osaka and we wanted to make the most out of it, though Neil wanted to nap for a while as he was still a bit ill. So since I was raring to go, and had only one key card(some strange hotel policy), Neil stayed in first while I got a head start with the night's drinking.

It was close to 4am when I got back to the room. I lost track of the time (I left my watch at the shoebox in Tokyo...) and was expecting Neil to either throw a hissy fit at me or be fast asleep. He was asleep so I tried to wake him up but he just mumbled something and went back to bed. So feeling that the night was still young, I decided to go back to the bars around Shinsaibashi where we frequented earlier in the week. Being rather tipsy, I couldn't get my bearings to find Bamboo so I headed further down to B-Trip which was by a main road.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
B-trip was in full swing, packed with an intresting crowd. I spent most of the time at the bar talking to a funny guy (below) who has a fetish for non-Japanese chicks. He spoke decent Engrish and was unhappy being a drone and was tired of life in Japan.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I can't recall if he was showing me with his fingers how long his johnson was.
Its 7.30am and I can feel the Chu-hi creeping up my throat. I decide to shower, have breakfast and go back to sleep before we check out at 10am.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I just had to eat something as I could feel the acids in my tummy just churning away. The cup of oj was a bad idea.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Salarymen having brekky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home