Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Vindaloooooo

vindaloo

I am not sure what possessed me to make a vindaloo but I think someone in the office was eating it at their desk as I could smell the spicy and pungent smell wafting from somewhere... My last memory eating vindaloo was when i was about 9 or 10 and it was terribly spicy, but decided to give it a go now as I think my now not-so-delicate palate would be able to take it and probably enjoyed it too. Its pretty easy to make actually, just need a lot of onions(equal amount in weight to the amount of meat being used). Basically cubed meat is marinated in the blended vindaloo spice combo with some vinegar, garlic and ginger paste. After marinating for a few hours its added to browned onions and simmered for an hour with loads of split green chillies. Quite exciting to see the colour change from a pale to a rich brown colour, almost like rendang! Its pretty spicy cos of the green chillies and dried red chillies that was added into the spice mix. The texture of the gravy was slightly grainy from the partially ground coriander and mustard seeds. Fiery and will definitely give you gas...
Tastes better the next day!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

vindaloo, was that what our fren was named after, eh make leh.... shan

June 08, 2009 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home