Thursday, July 20, 2006

Day 14 -Sumo town, Akihabara, Asakusa

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Big ass shorts
I finally made it to Ryogoku where the sumo stables are located. But upon walking around Sumo town and finding not a single sumo wrestler in sight, I found out later that the they were all at a tournament in Nagoya. Dissapointed, I walked over to the Edo-Tokyo museum but decided not to go in as I felt like I should make the most of this sunny day and not spend time indoors.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I considered having Chanko-Nabe, a hearty one pot dish with noodles, vegetables with meat of seafood eaten by Sumo wrestlers but I was a bit worried that the portion would be exceptionally huge and would be unable to finish it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have heard of maid cafes but nun cafes?
I leave for Akihabara to do some shopping. I can't afford any kind of electronic gadgets(thats what this place is famous for) but instead got some retro ultramen monsters figurines.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some other crazy shit that is available here in Akihabara
I walk around finding a place to eat and stumble across a signboard that had a few hearty looking stews on the menu.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
mmmmmmmm......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had about 2 hours before meeting my friend Akira so I squeezed in a quick visit to the nearby Sensoji Temple in Asakusa. I visited this place back in 2001 but it has gotten even more touristy since then, with a plethora of shops with covered walkways leading to the temple.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Worshippers that visit the temple let smoke from the insence pot linger onto their body-apparently its healing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A fugu(pufferfish) shop - another thing that I didn't get to eat
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tabi-toe divider shoes
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I finally saw the Phillip-Stark designed Asahi building when leaving Sensoji, had wanted to find it on my previous trip but didn't have enough time. I would have wanted to go to the bar and museum there but it was getting late and had to meet Akira.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Weird signs along the way
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
No standing?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Great view from the top of Tokyo Dome hotel.
At Idabashi Akira takes me to Tokyo Dome hotel for drinks and later dinner at a Yakitori styled place that had too many things on the menu.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I didn't eat that much after the late lunch at Akihabara but wask kinda peckish by the time I got back to Baraki Nakayama. I got me a super yummy sandwhich from the convienence store
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and some fried chicken that the Engrish boy didn't agree with
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home